Job Title: Financial Analyst\: Trade Control and Audit
Location: Houston, TX, South-West United States, USA
Company: BASF - We Create Chemistry
Industry Type: Chemical, Pesticide and Fertilizer
Career Type:Accounting/Finance/Asset Management
Job Type:Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required:N/A
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the worlds leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of Americas Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future
Financial Analyst: Trade Control and Audit (*******) - Houston, TX
Where the Chemistry Happens
As a member of the North American Engineering & Maintenance (N-FTN) Controlling and Trade Control Team, you will support the Compliance activities of the N-FTN Function. Your focus will be to ensure that N-FTN fully complies with relevant Tax, Legal, and Financial Reporting Compliance.
In addition, you will provide a consolidated interface on N-FTN Trade Control and Non-Trade Portal transactions. You will engage General Counsel, Trade Control Counsel, and Tax Counsel within BASF to ensure N-FTN employees are adhering to all Trade Control laws and tax requirements. In your role, you will regularly conduct assessments of the N-FTN organization to ensure Accounting and Finance Standards are being upheld for budgeting, forecasting, recharge, set-up and use of cost centers and projects; and providing recommendations for continuous improvement.
Formula for Success
- With your strong financial and accounting experience, you will develop and execute internal processes that will meet all Financial/Accounting Reporting Compliance requirements.
- Effectively engaging across the function, you will provide subject matter expertise on pertinent tax issues and drive regional compliance with BASF Group Tax Guidelines.
- Through your leadership and analytical thinking capabilities, you will successfully manage Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Trust compliance and contract management within the function.
- On behalf of the N-FTN Function, you will provide guidance and complete all requirements for:
- Trade Control (including interfacing with Legal and Tax colleagues)
- Non-Trade Portal including set up, monitoring, and billing
- Service Charging Agreements
- Service Contracts (intra-company)
- Leveraging your risk management skills and accounting experience, you will implement internal controls that identify potential operational risks, and recommend appropriate responses to senior leadership regarding Trade Control, N-FTN Accounting, and Finance Policies and Procedures.
- Your strong commitment to quality will be a valued asset as you identify, drive, and support continuous improvement initiatives through providing recommendations and areas of improvement to leadership based upon analysis and trend data. Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer YouAdding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. weThe total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, youll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job Post Date: 06/09/18
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.basf.com/
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company. With about 111,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close to 370 production sites worldwide we serve customers and partners in almost all countries of the world. In 2011, BASF posted sales of €73.5 billion and income before special items of approximately €8.4 billion. We combine economic success, social responsibility and environmental protection. Through science and innovation we enable our customers in almost all industries to meet the current and future needs of society.