Exxon Mobil Corporation.
Houston, TX, US, United States
25 minutes ago
Expires 11 May 2018
Feedstocks Trader in Houston, TX, US, United States
Houston, TX, US, United States | N/A | Permanent
Job Role Summary
Each feedstocks trader works as part of a team, negotiating purchases and sales of feedstocks in the highly dynamic and challenging global feedstock market. The activity is driven by developing and executing commercial opportunities for ExxonMobils equity feedstocks production and optimizing the fuel needs of its refinery system.
This senior commercial role may be responsible for the development and delivery of feedstock trading strategies or equity / lease feedstock sales strategies with end-to-end ownership of all deals.
The trading day is well-defined with minimal out of office hours required.
Location: Houston office
Job Role Responsibilities
- Market Analysis: Demonstrates a deep understanding of the complex feedstock markets from either the equity sales or refinery supply perspective; align the internal organization behind any strategy and negotiate effectively.
- Communication: Briefs and aligns the traders team on a daily strategy based on analysis of the market.
- Third Party Relationship Building: Builds strong relationships with counterparties from varied backgrounds and cultures.
- Negotiation: Negotiates trades with various types of industry participants including oil majors, energy companies of all sizes, transportation companies, state-owned oil companies and trading houses.
- Contract Administration: Works with support contract administration staff to ensure that all trades are effectively documented and controlled.
- Projects: Develops medium and long-term business opportunities that take up about 10-15% of a traders time.
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of related energy industry experience, including Commercial Negotiation experience and Refinery Logistics experience
- Excellent communication skills and works well in teams
- Demonstrates highly developed negotiation skills
- Able to work with diverse group of individuals; effectively manages external relationships
Preferred Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
- Language skills a plus
- Feedstock (Resid, Naphtha, VGO trading) experience preferred
- Demonstrates ability to build effective relationships in a multi-cultural setting
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong drive and motivation; strong continuous improvement mindset
- Solid proficiency in the use of computers and Office software
- Promotes productive impact across organizations; seeks value-added improvements
- Willing and able to travel domestically and/or internationally
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Exxon Mobil Corporation.
Website : http://www.exxonmobil.com/
ExxonMobil is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company. We hold an industry-leading inventory of global oil and gas resources. We are the world’s largest refiner and marketer of petroleum products, and our chemical company ranks among the world’s largest. We apply science and innovation to find better, safer and cleaner ways to deliver the energy the world needs.