Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
As a member of the Trade Compliance team within SABIC Legal Affairs, this role will collaborate with colleagues and with other business personnel across SABIC to ensure business processes comply with international trade regulations. While the job is located in Houston, the role is global, supporting our international trade compliance efforts around the world. This position will be responsible for working with team members to develop and implement technology classifications, managing technology access controls and data segregation procedures in various IT systems and leading training and compliance assessments. The responsibilities will include classifying material ECCNs, maintaining licensing strategies and conducting classification audits. Also, this role will conduct activities for complying with military, Chemical Weapons Convention, and denied party screening requirements.
Develop, implement and maintain export control business processes:
• Implement global classification processes to determine and document the export control classification number (ECCN) of products and technologies, as well as the rationale behind the classification.
• Maintain processes for technology transfers, and determine which methods are appropriate (export licenses, letters of assurance, access restrictions, transfer restrictions) and maintain all related records.
• Design and implement export controls procedures for IT systems access, in conjunction with system owners and Trade Compliance team members.
• Review requests to access controlled technologies, grant access in accordance with applicable licenses and regulations. Act as a backup for managing database for employee access rights.
• Apply for and maintain government export licenses for technology transfers, both internal and external to the company.
• Act as a backup to ensure IT systems access is granted according to legal authorization.
• Administer boycott request reporting; conduct denied party list and sanctions screenings as needed.
• Maintain material license regulatory requirements and country groups in GTS module of SAP
• Work with team members to ensure business processes enable compliance with international trade regulations including multi-national dual-use export controls and military controls such as U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Execute internal training and compliance assessments:
• Work with team members to draft and maintain reference procedures and summaries for controlled technology, and slide decks for trainings on export controls and other international trade regulations.
• Ability to provide oversight to the business regarding customs compliance
• Serve as point of contact for resolution of operational customs issues arising in our Supply Chain function.
. General: PEOPLE WHO CAN
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
At SABIC, we know that our success depends on your success. We’re committed to nurturing your talent, to help you achieve both your career ambitions and life goals. We’ve created tailored training and development programs for our employees which are among the best in the petrochemical industry. This is not a job where you dream about the weekend. This is a job where you dream about how you can change things for the better, for everyone. And this is a company where your dreams can be realized, where your ideas can be made reality, and where what you make can make a difference.
SABIC is a global leader in chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping conserve the world’s water supply and enabling colorful smartphone cases, we find solutions to the challenges of today to help our customers achieve their ambitions and build a better tomorrow.
Operating in the Americas since 1987, SABIC employs over 5,000 people and operates from 17 office locations and 17 manufacturing sites and technology and innovation centers in Exton, PA; Houston, TX; Mt. Vernon, IN; and Selkirk, NY.
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Houston. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process
Website : http://www.sabic.com