Job ID: 18006553 Company Name: TIAA Bank Description:
This position is part of the Capital Markets portfolio valuation team, supporting the hedging and disposition of the Bank's agency and non-agency mortgage pipeline. It contributes to the development and maintenance of best-practices risk models including, but not limited to, pricing, valuation, term structure of interest rates, option valuation, mortgage prepayments, rate lock fallout, and best-execution loan pooling. The position will work closely with business leaders, traders, quantitative analysts, information technology (IT), and accounting operations in order to manage the pipeline's market risk and support business strategy.
* Perform daily financial analysis in support of a fully-functioning and successful at-risk position valuation and production team, with minimal operations risk
* Support all aspects of Capital Markets activities including, but not limited to, daily pipeline position production and analysis, securitization, loan pooling and disposition, product development, and hedging strategy
* Independently analyze, calibrate, update, and back-test closed loan and rate lock behavioral models, including refinancing , rate lock fallout, and other risk metrics
* Provide constructive and actionable solutions for modeling the pipeline's value-at-risk
* Lead the development and monitoring of robust QC measurements and performance metrics
* Develop deep analysis of the effects of market conditions on hedging and/or pricing and recommend strategies for prudent market and liquidity risk management
* Collaborate with and communicate financial results to management, traders, model owners, auditors, and regulators
Knowledge, skills, and ability requirements
* Outstanding mathematical, analytical, and critical thinking skills
* Exceptional skills working with relational database and spreadsheets
* Effective at managing workload to meet multiple deadlines under sometimes intense time pressure
* Must be detail oriented and able to ensure accuracy when working with large quantities of financial data and market risk reporting services
* Must be able to recognize and resolve underlying technical issues in order to provide timely reporting and analysis
Training and experience
* Two years' experience in a financial institution required; experience within capital markets preferred
* Exposure to market risk management systems, such as QRM, BancWare, MIAC, OFSA, or Kamakura preferred
* Knowledge of advanced financial concepts underlying loan valuation required
* Expertise in using Excel and SQL in large relational databases required
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
TIAA, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. No associate or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
TIAA, FSB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at TIAA, FSB via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at TIAA, FSB in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of TIAA, FSB, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by TIAA, FSB as a result of the referral or through other means.
TIAA, FSB will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by TIAA, FSB, or (c) consistent with TIAA, FSB legal duty to furnish information.
Requirements: EXPERTISE Capital Market & Portfolio Management JOB TYPE