Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
The Operations Specialist ensures all trade entries into the accounting system are accurate and timely. This individual is responsible for performing specialized operations related to routine securities processing activities in support of the firms business lines. As Specialist, s/he deals with issues as they relate to his/her area of focus. These activities include: executing controls, assisting others, accounting for trade activity, resolving trade problems, ensuring accurate and timely cash management, client contact (internal and external) along with 529 administration.
1. Trade Entry and Controls
- Ensures all trades straight through processed and those requiring manual intervention are properly accounted for in the accounting system.
- Reconciles trades entered into order management systems to trades received by trade processing system.
- Reviews trade issues reports to ensure trade price deviations are researched and resolved with appropriate parties.
2. 529 Administration
- Manages trading of daily cash flows with investment companies including trade confirmation oversight.
- Coordinates raising cash activities for fund portfolios for expense payments such as management fees.
- Coordinates reallocation events ensuring portfolios meet specified target allocations.
3. Cash Projection Dissemination
- Utilizes various resources to provide cash projections to clients and customers.
- Ensures systemic feeds and manuals adjustments are accounted for accurately to ensure timely cash projections reporting.
4. Client Service
- Communicates professionally and constructively to ensure proper trade entry and accountability in order to minimize risk and exposure.
- Contributes to and maintains a high level of teamwork with Trade Processing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Demonstrated PC skills.
- Ability to identify, escalate and resolve a problem.
- Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and written.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
Website : http://www.bbh.com
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution that has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with expertise in Private Banking, Investment Management and Investor Services. Our 5,000 employees operate from 18 locations throughout North America, Europe and Asia. -- This material is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, tax or investment advice and is not intended as an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy securities or investment products. Although certain information has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, we do not guarantee its accuracy, completeness or fairness. This material does not comprise an offer of services. Any opinions expressed are subject to change without notice. Any third-party website links provided are for your convenience only and are not an endorsement or recommendation by Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. (“BBH”) of any of these websites or the products or services offered. BBH is not responsible for the accuracy and validity of the content of these third party websites. Any reference to tax matters is not intended to be used, and may not be used, for purposes of avoiding penalties under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code or for promotion, marketing or recommendation to third parties. Unauthorized use or distribution without the prior written permission of BBH is prohibited. This content is approved for distribution in member states of the EEA by Brown Brothers Harriman Investor Services Limited, authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). BBH is a service mark of Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., registered in the United States and other countries. © Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. 2017. All rights reserved.