Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
The Lubrizol Corporation
Title: Tradeshow Manager
Department: Creative Operations Reports to: Director, Creative Operations
Enter Partner Group: IS
The tradeshow manager supports Lubrizols business through effective and efficient planning, coordination and execution of national and regional trade shows. This role acts as the central point of contact for all tradeshow activity and is responsible for ensuring booth properties, budgeting, communications, and cross functional team stakeholder needs are met. As such, they must be able to conceptualize, drive, and articulate creative and strategic recommendations in a highly consultative manner while ensuring a superb execution across a wide range of industries and locations. They must be able to work both regionally and globally as their internal clients are located throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
* Work closely with the business partners and communication team to determine show participation and calendar of events. Also work with communication and creative teams to ensure event goals are met through effective messaging, creative delivery and appropriate booth traffic.
* Work closely with tradeshow vendor to plan all details related to each show including space selection, booth properties, customer events, etc
* Manage and execute tradeshow promotional plans to maximize company exposure and produce viable leads.
* Facilitate all on-site needs (for top-tier shows) including booth set up, tear down, electrical, internet connections, etc...
* Track and analyze trade show results in order to influence and drive annual strategic and budgeting planning.
* Proactively provide recommendations for each venues best outcome by staying abreast of trade show industry trends as well as data from previous show results.
* Understand and adhere to all policies related to show giveaways, events, dinners, receptions, promotions, market research, etc.
* Manage payment of exhibit fees for convention booth space, secure housing, and badge registration for attendees.
* Manage, maintain, and recommend continuous improvements for all booth properties and convention assets.
* Managing the convention leads generation process.
Decision Making Authority
* Project priority
* Decide when to challenge client needs / wants
* Decide when to solve problems individually vs. with director consultation
* Evaluate vendor skills, costs, and overall fit in regards to individual projects
Education, Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
* Bachelors in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent
* 5 years of experience in all aspects of tradeshow management in a B2B environment
* Experience in chemical additive industries a plus
* Able to create project briefs and manage budgets, expenses, and timelines
* Able to effectively manage a variety of projects and timelines simultaneously
* High level of organization and time management
* Global Perspective / cultural awareness
* Results orientation
* Build trust
* Self-awareness / Emotional Intelligence
* Energy, passion, and enthusiasm for projects
* Professional / office environment
* Local travel between facilities
* US and international travel for tradeshows and business team meetings
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohios annual Top Workplaces survey. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segment: Developer, Electrical, Marketing Communications, Communications, Event Marketing, Engineering, Technology, Marketing
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?