Director, Global Trade Compliance
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT - fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Director, Global Trade Compliance
About the role:
The Director, Global Trade Compliance provides leadership to the global trade team and various stakeholders around the world to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations for import/export, employing his/her skills to lead, coach and orchestrate to improve processes and efficiencies in cross border activities. Qualified candidates will possess a blend of business and technical experience to work cross-functionally to balance compliance and business needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Implement and enhance processes, policies and technical solutions aligned with the global trade strategy and business objectives, working with the technology team and other internal groups as necessary to define requirements, while fostering broader understanding of requirements across the teams and stakeholders.
* Build and maintain effective partnerships across global business units to inform employees on trade compliance elements for international transactions, providing current information and advice on international trade rules and regulations.
* Design and maintain effective compliance controls that support efficient, timely and cost-effective delivery standards.
* Integrate global trade requirements into business processes and monitor to ensure compliance with all applicable import/export regulatory requirements.
* Act as the first point of contact for import and export regulatory agencies requesting information on trade activities.
* Maintain knowledge of current import/export regulations and pending legislation; plan and implement internal programs and policies as required to address risks and respond to changes.
* Perform compliance research utilizing internal expertise and external guidance as appropriate.
* Coordinate and conduct internal training on global trade compliance and advise on developments and changes in regulations as needed.
* Serve as a global liaison with compliance counterparts in regional or complementary teams, developing import/export compliance strategies & providing decision support on daily compliance matters, as needed.
* Provide leadership, information and advice regarding import/export product classification matters.
* Lead and manage an international team of employees tasked with global trade compliance.
* At least 10 years of international trade compliance experience, including software-specific considerations
* Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience, including experience leading a global team
* US Customs Broker License or equivalent compliance understanding
* Strong presentation and communication skills, including the ability to set a vision and engage team members
* Ability to manage complex issues, including compliance audits
* Commercially aware and astute, with solid business acumen
* Experience with change management and strong ability to build consensus
Taylor, Michigan, United States
165,000.00 - 165,000.00 USD
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?