TE Connectivity Ltd.
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
The Regional Sr. Manager for Global Trade Services, Americas is responsible for supporting the continuous development and maintenance of a world-class trade compliance program throughout the TE Connectivity Business Units in the Americas region. This role focuses on ensuring that TE business units are efficiently and compliantly conducting international trade activities in accordance with corporate trade compliance strategy and in compliance with all applicable import and export regulations. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Global Trade Services.
This position requires an energetic, take-charge person with a strong background in customs, import and export (control) compliance. It requires strong leadership skills to drive process improvements in key risk areas, to provide oversight and technical guidance to the business unit International Trade Compliance Officers (ITCOs), and to conduct effective risk assessment reviews. Strong relationship building skills and the ability to successfully work cross-functionally in a matrix organization is critical to success in this role. This position will interface with ITCOs, BU Leadership, business and corporate management as well as external business partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
* Assist business units in building and managing the internal network of International Trade Compliance Officers (ITCOs) to ensure businesses are aligned with the global trade compliance program and policies set forth by the corporate Global Trade Services Group.
* Ensure that ITCOs receive sufficient and ongoing training to effectively support BU trade compliance matters.
* Conduct trade compliance risk assessments for business operations throughout the region; perform on-site program reviews; identify trade compliance issues within the business units; assist with trade compliance audits; conduct root cause analysis and oversee the implementation of corrective actions.
* Overseeing, advising, and assisting regional operations on the development and maintenance of trade compliance manuals, documentation, records, training, and reference materials for individual country operations.
* Provide guidance and assistance to business unit management and business unit ITCOs in the region with regard to the interpretation of relevant regulations, including applicable trade preference programs, and the integration of regulatory requirements into business plans and processes.
* Coordinate with other global trade compliance personnel to develop cross regional compliance program policies and processes.
* Closely partner with the TE M&A group to support Merger, Acquisitions, and Divestiture activities and trade compliance due diligence activities in a timely manner.
* Minimum experience of 10 years in trade and/or trade compliance related positions. Experience managing business operations according to the import and export regulations for various countries. Experience should include but is not limited to developing compliance programs, establishing and testing internal control processes, audit, import/export control regulations, sanctions, policy management, customs broker management, free trade agreements, and valuation experience.
* Experience in implementing cross-functional processes, and success with working in a matrix reporting structure.
* Experience in mapping and documenting processes.
* Well-developed organizational, priority management, and planning skills.
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills enabling professional communication to people at all levels within the organization as well as outside of the organization.
* Superior relationship-building skills to serve as liaison between Global Trade Services and Business Unit Leadership/Management
* Ability to operate effectively within a team environment and build consensus among groups.
* Proven problem solving and decision-making skills.
* Advanced computer literacy and knowledge of Software such as Word, Excel, Spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Visio.
* Degree in International Trade, Business Administration or Law.
* Ongoing training in import and export regulations.
* Ability to travel to support the region and Global Trade Services function within TE. Travel up to 25%.
* Building Effective Teams
* Motivating Others
* Managing and Measuring Work
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
* SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, TE Connectivity does not discriminate because of Race, Religion, Color, Age, Gender, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Physical or Mental Disability, or Protected Veteran Status, or any other categories protected by law.
Individuals with disabilities, who require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application and/or to participate in any part of the employee selection process, should contact us via e-mail at CorporateStaffing@TE.com or by phone (610) 893-9333.
Jobs by State
Want to be a sponsor?
TE Connectivity DEUTSCH - Two Leaders in Connectivity Now Connected For more than 70 years, DEUTSCH has been one of the leading manufacturers of high-performance solutions for harsh environment application. Now the combined expertise of our people and a robust product line, TE Connectivity DEUTSCH will enable us to serve our customers more completely across many industries.