Trade Development Manager (Miramar)
The main responsibility of the Trade Development Manager is to develop a sales plan and manage execution for a designated list of wine suppliers. Annual programming and sales plans should be designed to meet supplier and company margin and brand development goals.
Strategy & Execution
• Set strategic direction for the state through resource allocation and adherence to brand strategy & activation plans. Lead 90-day planning meetings. Strategize with senior sales management to enhance contribution to sales goals and company-wide sales strategies.
• Directs the design, planning and implementation of new and existing marketing initiatives utilizing various strategic platforms for the division.
• Directly responsible for working with suppliers and account executives in creating local and state marketing programs for use in the field based on research using a robust list of analytical tools.
• Ability to present new program ideas, efficiencies and obtain senior leadership buy in.
• Incentive planning and inventory. Utilize Sales Nav and Compass to drive ACV% and develop target lists.
• Manage S&OP process for supplier portfolio.
Communication & Tactical Implementation
• Responsible for sales, promotion, and marketing of brands by providing maximum company sales through planning, executing, follow-up, evaluation, and review.
• Set state program objectives, measure ROI with KPI scorecard. QBR preparation & involvement.
• Works with the Pricing Director/Sales Analyst/Finance Director to ensure all programs fall in line with divisions’ standards regarding tracking and execution.
• Delivers marketing brand plans to entire sales force and management team via departmental meetings and mass email communication
• Works with senior management team to conduct statewide and regional sales meetings.
• Serve as conduit of information between Division field sales team and supplier marketing (brand & local)
• Maintain expertise in regulatory/legal environment; keep track of changes to ensure compliance. Illustrate competency and familiarity with all Federal, State, and Local laws regulating the beverage alcohol industry.
• Initiates and implements successful launch plans for new items.
• Survey retail outlets monthly to determine and track competing brands and wholesalers.
• Familiarize yourself with competition and remain apprised of market trends and development within specific product
categories, geographic regions, and accounts.
• Support POS / VAP planning and buys.
• Align with the corporate sales and operations planning process (S&OP). Work with sales stakeholders and operations teams to manage purchasing, supplier shipment, and local delivery of assigned-supplier portfolios.
Building Relationships & Accountability
• Develop and enhance relationships with the trade through participation in food/wine/industry related events.
• Assist Commercial Finance team in the management of LMF funds and banks as it relates to local marketing and brand planning.
• Oversee the supplier annual planning process and align with commercial finance team and suppliers on plans, budgets, and reconciliations.
• Work with pricing team to ensure brand pricing and gross profit is aligned to strategy by channel.
• Inspire confidence and gain respect as an effective company spokesperson.
• Present self with integrity, professionalism, and commitment to Southern Wine & Spirits management responsibilities and policies.
• Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
• Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision.
• Adaptable and able to assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types.
• Able to inspire, coach, and lead colleagues by example in an intense and fast-paced business environment.
• Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Overnight travel as required.
• Bachelor Degree in related field or combination of equivalent work experience
• At least 7years’ experience in a sales distribution role with expanding management responsibilities
Minimum of 5-10 years management experience in hospitality or wine industry
• Business development and entrepreneurial experience a plus
• Experience with industry software, i.e. Salesforce, Ship Compliant and POS Systems
• Experience with Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
• Good knowledge of Commercial Finance and Pricing practices
• Ability to multi task, Work on several initiatives and meet deadlines
• Programming and Price Structure experience a plus.
• Prior budgetary and Fiscal oversight responsibilities a plus.
Primary Location:United States-Florida-Miramar
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits Jobs