Corby Distilleries Limited
Senior Trade Marketing Manager, Retail - Toronto, ON','TRA00295','Corby Spirit and Wine / Hiram Walker & Sons','CA-Ontario','','Trade Marketing','Regular','Feb 9, 2018','!*!Corby’s portfolio of owned-brands includes some of the most renowned brands in Canada, including Wiser's Canadian Whisky, Lamb's Rum and Polar Ice Vodka. Through its affiliation with Pernod Ricard S.A., Corby also represents leading international brands such as ABSOLUT Vodka, Chivas Regal, Glenlivet, Ballantine’s Scotch Whiskies, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Beefeater Gin, Malibu Rum, Kahlua Liqueur, Mumm Champagne, Jacob's Creek, Wyndham Estate and Stoneleigh wines. An overview of the entire Corby portfolio shows over 5,000,000 cases sold annually, with Corby being a significant importer of wines and having an approximate 21 percent market share of spirit sales in Canada.
Why work at Corby? Because we are a great place to work! And we’re not the only ones who think so. Corby was named one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for 6 years by The Great Place to Work® Institute Canada, based on employee survey results and an audit of workplace excellence and people management practices.
The purpose of the Sr Retail Trade Marketing Manager is to be the conduit that translates brand strategy into the commercial environment in a way that enables Corby to successfully compete with impact. Leveraging strong relationship building and interpersonal capabilities the Sr Retail Trade Marketing manager influences the business on what brands to bring by channel / customer across Canada via strong channel strategies.
The role reports to the Trade Marketing Director and is the communication hub between the brand and sales teams with a strong emphasis on internal customer service. Working cross-functionally leveraging the internal collaboration model, core processes and ways of working this role leads the delivery of channel strategy and insights, activation calendars, sell-out ideation, execution and measurement.
The Sr RTMM will have a deep knowledge of the retail channel nationally including LCBs and private customers and is responsible for managing the Commercial planning process; ensuring that brand, commercial and geographic realities are communicated and built in to brand plans, key activation initiatives and business plans. In addition, the RTMM will possess a top-level understanding of the Corby brand portfolio; brand positioning, brand plans and key initiatives.
The Sr Retail Trade Marketing manager is also directly responsible for line management of the internal procurement function at Corby Distilleries. Coaching and developing the procurement and retail project management team to continue to deliver the right POS and ‘sell-out’ activation for the right brands at the right time.
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in the retail channel delivering actionable insights on a national perspective for commercial managers/regional sales directors
- Be the thought leader and lead the development of National Retail Channel Strategic approach; include components such as; Brand Merchandising Standards
- Be a key contributor and support to the Sales Operations Director, the Regional Sales Directors and the FMMs in the development of customer specific strategies / ‘go to market’ playbooks to achieve defined priority brand and business objectives in the retail channel across all product categories
- Provide the toolkit and the support required to enable priority brands to be integrated within customers’ objectives and thereby influence their planning
- Development, project management and roll-out of national retail ‘sell-out’ ideas and activation that drive impact and consumer engagement in the right customers, on the right brands at the right time
- Lead the Commercial planning process across each region for all product categories
- Manage the relationship and be the primary point of contact for the retail BTL agencies (in-store sampling and retail activation)
- As part of the Annual Brand Planning process, work cross-functionally and leverage the Collaboration Model to develop and set the activation calendar across all markets
- Work cross-functionally and with the Collaboration Model to agree on retail program budgets across regions. Manage BTL budgets for POS and program execution.
- Manage critical path for development and execution of national strategies and initiatives – for example the listing application process and the brand innovation commercialization process
- Lead the development and delivery of key ‘go to market’ tool kits (sell sheets, tasting scripts and retail POS)
- Develop ROI and KPI models and ensure all major initiatives are evaluated and provide on-going feedback and recommendations
- Monitors and communicates competitive activity to key internal stakeholders
- Functional line management responsibility for internal procurement and retail project management. Guide and direct the Procurement manager in the management of the design, fulfillment and print agencies
- Challenge improvements in process, way of working with internal and external stakeholders, POS supply and sourcing
Education & Experience
Required: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred: MBA degree
• Minimum 6 years of experience in Trade Marketing within CPG and/or alcohol beverages
• Prior experience in CPG Trade Marketing
• Extensive budget management experience
• 2 years people management experience
• Previous brand/event activation experience
• Expert in retail marketing
• Experience managing P&L and budgets
• Strong PC literacy
We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including aboriginal, women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, creed, family status, national origin, age and gender.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. We value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process
Thank you for your interest in Pernod Ricard and its subsidiaries, Corby Spirit and Wine Limited and Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. All resumes submitted will be reviewed by our recruitment team and kept on file for six months in consideration for this and future opportunities. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact provincial offices directly as all recruitment is coordinated through the Corporate Office in Toronto.
','','','Senior Trade Marketing Manager, Retail - Toronto, ON
Corby Distilleries Limited
Website : http://www.corby.ca
Corby Spirit and Wine Limited is a leading Canadian marketer and distributor of spirits and imported wines. With approximately 21% of spirits sales in Canada, Corby’s premium portfolio includes many of the top-selling brands in Canada. Corby is affiliated with Pernod Ricard S.A., a global leader in the spirits and wine industry.