L3 Technologies, Inc.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Senior Trade Compliance Administrator
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies is a leading provider of a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military, homeland security and commercial platforms. L3 is also a prime contractor in aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
Electronic Systems (ES), headquartered in Arlington, Texas, is one of four L3 business segments, and provides a broad range of components, products, subsystems, systems and related services for military and commercial customers.
L3 Aviation Products Division (L3 APD), is a leading provider of commercial and military avionics with unsurpassed performance, quality and customer support. L3 APD manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products that set the standard for next-generation requirements, including configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors.
We are searching for a Senior Trade Compliance Administrator who is responsible for the development and administration of Aviation Products Export/Import compliance programs in accordance with internal policy, Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Customs Regulations.
* Maintain, or ensure compliance with, required Import/Export records as required by Corporate Policy, U.S. Customs Regulations, Export Administration Regulations and International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
* Maintain associated data logs and department metrics. Perform process audits to ensure compliance to all import/export related internal procedures and applicable laws and regulations with support from the Empowered Official (EO).
* Acts as the primary point of contact for requests to draft and submit licenses, agreements, product classification requests and general correspondence, allowing adequate time for corporate and government review under the supervision of the EO. Provides guidance on the use of exceptions and exemptions
* Provide import/export training under the guidance of the EO.
* Primary point of contact for the coordination distribution of and compliance with approved licenses, applications, agreements, general correspondence, commodity classifications and terms and conditions reviews with Customer Support and Business Development teams.
* Coordinate inbound freight clearances with U.S. Customs, carriers, brokers and forwarders with support from the EO as required.
* Coordinate import/export requirements with Shipping/Traffic Personnel and other departments as required.
* Monitor AES and electronic filing activities for Aviation Products.
* Ensure Forwarders, Carriers, other Third Party Logistics Providers are compliant with Import/Export and transportation and logistics requirements when handling L3 Shipments.
* Assist Empowered Official in the development and implementation of:
* Technology Control Plans
* Product Classification Data
* ECCN/USML Classification
* Harmonized Tariff/Schedule B Classification
* NAFTA data elements
* Division compliance initiatives consistent with corporate and regulatory requirements and related training initiatives
* Facilitate Visitor Controls with Security to ensure visitors are screened and licensed appropriately based on the purpose of their visit.
* Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established L3 Ethics Standards.
Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and 5 - 8 years' experience;
Strong working knowledge of Customs regulations and Customs programs (C-TPAT); Strong working knowledge in the ITAR, EAR;
Experience in Dangerous Goods; Experience drafting, submitting and administrating Technical Assistance Agreements, Export/Import Licenses;
Ability to interpret, understand and provide guidance to internal stakeholders on complex regulatory documents and L-3 compliance requirements;
Strong organizational skills with demonstrated experience managing multiple deadlines supporting regulatory requirements and business objectives; Strong communications skills with the ability to draft trade compliance process practices and instructions, prepare training materials and brief internal stakeholders on applicable laws and regulations;
Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy required; Independent thought and action – highly motivated;
Proficiency in Microsoft Office; OCR EASE and Visual Compliance a plus.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (Education & Experience)
(Five) (5) to Eight (8) years of experience in a global logistics or trade compliance related discipline with a good working knowledge of the Customs, EAR, and ITAR regulations
The successful candidate will be based in the Electronic Systems business unit, in the Grand Rapids area. A competitive market-based compensation package, commensurate with the responsibilities and experience requirements will be provided.
If you are excited about Saving Lives and Making the World A Safer Place to Live, Sharing our Values and Exceeding our Leadership Excellence Expectations, please introduce yourself by sending your resume to:
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
L3 Technologies, Inc.
Website : https://www.l3t.com/
L3 is a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military, homeland security and commercial platforms. L3 is also a prime contractor in aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.