IT Job Pro
Who We Are:
OCR Services, Inc. is a leading provider of governance, risk and compliance enterprise software applications for the global trade community. OCRs solutions enable global corporations to manage and optimize global trade operations by automating compliance with complex trade regulations while ensuring the uninterrupted and efficient flow of goods around the globe.
What we are looking for:
Business Analyst, Global Trade Compliance with Free Trade Agreement Experience
This particular role has an emphasis on global trade management, and strong focus on interpreting export and import trade regulations to assist in development of software solutions. The candidate should possess the expertise and working knowledge of FTZs, Free Trade Agreements (US, EU, AP, etc.), Rules of Origin determinations, Prior Knowledge of NAFTA, CAFTA, etc. as well as EU Trade agreements, Duty Drawback procedures and Customs import\/export regulations.
This is a cross-functional and collaborative role with significant interactions with Customers, Data teams, Product Management, Implementation Teams, and Development teams.
* Interviews personnel from functional user areas to learn business processes and information requirements for system changes
* Perform gap analysis against business procedures to ensure system initiatives are met
* Analyze various global Free Trade Agreements to help interpret rules of origin determinations to be translated into technical requirements
* Interpret trade regulations and related import processes, to US and EU Imports, FTZ, and Duty Drawback procedures
* Analyzes business and user needs, documents requirements, and revises existing functionality as necessary under direction of the Product Manager
* Tracks and documents changes to functional and business specifications
* Monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests
* Interacts with clients to resolve minor to intermediate client queries and feedback
* Coordinate IT support for deployment of software solutions and post implementation support
* Develop and maintain appropriate documentation on all phases of software development
* Delivers system walk-throughs and functional training sessions
Qualifications \/ Experience:
* Bachelors degree
* Minimum of 2 years import and export related experience
* Knowledge of international trade and Customs regulations, such as Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), FTZ, preferential \/ free trade agreements, and rules for Country of Origin
* ERP \/ GTM System experience preferred
* Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
* Fluency in MS Office is required (experience with Visio\/Project preferred)
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
* Strong analytical, multitasking and communication skills are required
* Strong mathematical skills are a plus.
* Excellent customer service skills are required